During the first years, the Award was appointed to a person who made significant contribution to the aims of ISCOWA. Since 2012 the Award has been given to a young researcher (35 years or younger) who presents the best paper (content and presentation) at the WASCON conference.
Who will present the best paper and wins the ISCOWA award 2023? Come to WASCON2023 in Hongkong, China and find out!
The past winners of the ISCOWA Awards are:
- 2018 Camille Vandervaeren, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium. Nominees were also Jessica Giró (University of Barcelona, Spain) and Pingping HE (The Hongkong Polytechnic University, Hongkong, China).
- 2015 Ricardo del Valle Zermeno, University of Barcelona, Spain. Nominees were also Giulia Costa (University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy) and Bram Verbinnen (University of Leuven, Belgium).
- 2012 Mieke Quaghebeur, VITO, Belgium. Nominees were also Maria Coronada (University of Cantabria, Spain) and Bram Verbinnen (University of Leuven, Belgium). Berta Galán won the WASCON 2012 Poster Prize.
- 2009 David Kosson, Vanderbilt University, the USA.
- 2006 Annette Johnson, EAWAG, Switzerland. deceased.
- 2003 the Dutch Ministry for the Environment (represented by Rein Eikelboom).
- 2000 Ole Hjelmar, DHI, Denmark.
- 1997 Hans van der Sloot, ECN, the Netherlands.
- 1994 Joe Cabrera, University of Leeds, UK received the first Iscowa Award, deceased.
ISCOWA Award by Renata Berk